Why Choose Soy Candles?
Soy candles are made with Soya beans, which are a renewable source and the wax is naturally bio-degradable, making soy candles very eco-friendly. The list goes on, our Soy candles have excellent fragrance-holding qualities, meaning these candles give outstanding long-lasting scent throughout their 35 hour burning time.
Because of the Soy being able to have a long-lasting scent, they are a much better option than other candle equivalents such as paraffin candles. Compared to paraffin wax, Soy wax burns much clearer, thanks to the Soy wax not containing any petrol-carbon soot, so you don’t have to worry about blackened walls. Also, unlike paraffin candles, Soy candles don’t release toxic carcinogens in to the air.
Soy Candles VS Regular Candles
We often get asked why Soy candles are better than regular candles, and the truth is there’s many reasons, 6 of which can be seen below;
- Soy Candles are made from natural ingredients – as mentioned above, Soy candles are completely natural, and don’t have any petroleum oil in them unlike candles made from paraffin. As a result of this, Soy wax candles don’t increase the CO2 levels in the atmosphere, making Soy candles better for you.
- Soy Wax candles don’t require any chemicals to scent them.
- Soy candles burn 50% longer than paraffin candles.
- As mentioned above, Soy burns clearer. Because these candles are made from Soy beans, they don’t release any harmful soot.
- Soy candles are non-toxic.
- The scent from Soy candles is much stronger and more pleasant than the scent from the paraffin wax candles.
These are just some of the many reasons why you should choose a Soy wax candle over any alternative.
What Are Soy Candles Made From?
Soy candles are made from soy wax, which is a hydrogenated form of soybean oil. The wax used for Soy wax candles is typically softer than paraffin wax and often has a lower melting temperature.
How To Use Soy Wax Candles
Soy wax candles are different to the paraffin candles, and shouldn’t be used the same way. Soy wax candles are much more delicate compared to other candles, and can be damaged or discoloured by strong light sources such as sunlight. Soy candles therefore should never be exposed to artificial light or sunlight.
Soy wax has a low melting point and can begin to soften or melt at temperatures above 25ºC, therefore this type of candle should be stored at room temperature at all times. If your candle does begin to melt, we recommend you place the candle in a cooler area of your property. Make sure you watch the video below for more tips on how to burn your Soy candle.